Originally Posted by Anonymous
Excuses. My son plays for Brotherly Love. If we have mastered "stall ball" and you can't figure out a way to beat it, I'm not sure what to say. We beat Igloo by more than a couple. Say what you want to say, we've competed with some of your best drawing from a much smaller pool of talent, especially given the growth of clubs in the area. I'm ok with you dismissing us. I'm ok with you making excuses. You have to justify your investment somehow. Who am I to judge your formula for success. If we invested half as much time and money as you do in the sport I can only imagine what our kids could do. Perhaps they would all get free rides to d1 like all your kids?

Clue: no one in D1 gets a full ride

Look up the word sarcasm.

Next time, use the sarcasm font . . .

I understand your frustration. How could a team, or two, from PA possibly beat Igloo? By being better teams? As crazy as that might sound, excuses aside, sometimes teams simply get beaten by better ones. Brotherly Love had Igloos number from the momment they stepped on the field. They appeared stunned by BL's speed and aggressive play. Parents started losing it on the refs and were warned numerous times. One Igloo kid actually took a swing at one of ours. Good show Igloo.

Why are we talking about BL? They didn't win the tourney, did they? No. Everyone has good days and everyone has bad days. Mesa had a very good day, obviously. Congrats to them. The last few times they came up to LI they got beat like they stole something. Last weekend, they did the beating. As far as I can tell, BL has to actually win something before they can start talking smack. Igloo only beat a town team by two goals a few weeks back. Maybe they're not as strong as the were. Who knows, they don't play much on LI. As of now, Mesa is the top dog in Philly. Let's see how Young Guns goes. I guess NXT will be a chance for BL to prove that they're still relevant.