Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Blatant Fall tourney is a good local tournament and Spring might be okay too but Blatant only has one Summer tournament, 7/1-7/2. Are any of the top 5 LI teams registered?

I guess maybe we'd have to agree on the top LI teams for 2023. Didn't want to get into a ranking argument but based on last summer top 5 would seem to be Bandits, Igloo, Express, S2S and Warriors. Outlaws, Three Village, GC34, F$G, True Blue, Recon and Leg-ac-y are not in that category (let's see what BM does with Leg-ac-y but the 2023 team hasn't done anything to this point and it would be a huge step up for them to crack the top 5). SYAG and Mamas Boys are part time teams from my understanding and they've done nothing to show they belong in the top 5. Did I miss anyone? Did I manage to [lacrosse] everyone off? Not my intention but I guess it's unavoidable.

Seems overdue for some kind of Spring league strictly for these LI teams to battle it out. Leave Sundays to PAL and play an 8 game schedule on Saturdays with playoffs. Who says no? More $$$ for all the directors and gets the teams in great
shape for the summer tournament season. Shocked it hasn't happened yet.

Very accurate top 5.

I would have to put Leg a cy in that top 5. How good is the F$G team I've never seen them at any tourneys.

The problem is field space and weather. I think the space can be found, but rescheduling for snow and rain could be a challenge. Look at the last few weeks. Two Saturday tournaments need to be rescheduled already. It's a great idea though. Amazed that no one has found a way to make it work.

Tornados are not in the top 5. Not even close, yet. But if they can win some games this season and then attract a few solid players, they could potentially move up. They would need to poach from one of the others teams though.

Are you telling us that BM can't grow his existing group? The almighty ex-badger needs to poach?