Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dont get why all the fuss about true blue and outlaws select. Both good teams. Are they top 5? No, and thered nothing wrong with that. Theres far more people and kids on teams 5 through 30 than there are 1 through 5. Sure most of the talk ends up being about the best teams. That's natural in sports and discussion. I'd bet most of the morons causing trouble on here are the same people. Same couple people bash bandits, same couple people bash outlaws, etc. Coming from a dad who's kids have been on teams across the spectrum, very good to bad. Currently my youngest is on a b team. He had the option of playing on this team with some friends, or on a better team where he didn't know anyone. He chose the "worse" team with his buddies.

I for one am looking forward to his tourney this weekend. Lunatics and all. Remember there are far more normal people out there.

"Theres far more people and kids on teams 5 through 30 than there are 1 through 5." Most insightful comment I've seen on BOTC in a while. Yet, the 'Top 5' posters/commenters look with disdain on everything below - they are elitist (which, by the way, is NEVER a compliment!).

I know some boys that play TB on different aged teams that have previously played for Igloo, Express, and 89+2 - they all left for differing reasons: too many players on the team, too much politics/empty promises from Dir's and coaches, general over-the-top approach, etc. The bottom line is that they were top tier players by virtue of playing on those other teams, but chose not to stay there. The biggest difference between the A and B teams are the level of depth of these players. But TB has some top lines that could match up with A teams' top guys, but their 2nd and 3rd would not.

You can say that about many B+ teams, the starting 10 very good but after that big decline in talent.

That is a very accurate statement and one of the reasons True Blue, Outlaws and other teams don't beat Express, etc. TB, etc. #1's probably match up with the AA team #3 or #4 which is still very good. What is also true and parents should keep this in mind, getting invited to big tournaments when the kids are older is great but if your kid is on the bench it will not make a difference. If your kid is the 7th middie on Express but the 1st or 2nd on TB or another team what would you do? If you are smart, you move to TB or Outlaws or another program so that your kid gets more touches. Combine the increase playing time with playing against better teams will only improve your son. There are no stats to prove this but I would guess there are far more starters on B+ teams playing in college than bench warmers on the A teams.