Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A serious question for everyone. Over the past two years or so, travel lax has gone from a summer league to a fall/winter/spring/summer league. Assuming that everyone plays 5-6 summer tourneys, what do you think is the appropriate number of tournaments for fall, winter and spring? Should they travel in the sub-seasons? I'm not bashing any clubs or directors/coaches for their choices, just curious. In my opinion:

3 local LI fall tournaments
1-2 winter box tourneys
2 local LI Spring tournaments (late spring)

5 Summer Tourneys: 3 local and 2 away (Md, PA, Mass, etc..)

I'm good with practices throughout. Once a week in fall/winter and twice a week in spring and summer would be ideal.

For that much lacrosse, I'm comfortable paying these every-increasing costs.

I love your model.

Is that all included, our travel is about 1600. That includes 5 fall tourneys, 2 of which are away. There are practices during late spring and then into summer, all covered by that original payment. Then there is the extras, winter training, fall tournaments, spring tournaments, box training and then the coaches extra (I am bringing in a trainer for the offense or defense). All this adds up to lots of $$$$. Maybe I should have gotten a boat. Probably cheaper. Nah, I love watching junior. Ok off to work.