Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dude, you're talking to the wrong guy - participated at the NCAA level in two sports, one being a top-10 nationally ranked football team. Most gifted athletes can be masters in more than one sport and actually you know . . . have a choice if they want to pursue one beyond HS. If the never try, they'll never know. And if you think playing football or some other sports somehow detract from a players ability to develop as a more complete athlete, thus improving them in lacrosse, then maybe you don't quite understand both the physical and mental aspects of athletics, particularity at the higher level. I know full well what the "Jones" term means - I was sarcastically critiquing your broad-brush comment that any kid who might play lacrosse but also plays other sports is somehow guilty of that. As a parent of one son who will play travel A lax, PAL lax, and MS school lax all in the spring, along with fall and winter lax workouts, you're opinion is that somehow his playing football is lack of commitment to lacrosse and I am somehow wasting my lax fee $ because of that? You're crazy! And I'll tell that most assuredly that my MS school son and my younger son, who has all of the same sport commitments minus MS lax, will be a better lax player than many of his travel teammates purely from having played football, especially in the physical aspects of the game. Get a clue!

Why do idiots put there kids in football ? So you can only playa HS sport if there's a chance of playing pro ? You obviously never played a HS sport . Having great memories of teamwork , friendships , coaches you'll never forget , parties , cheerleaders, school spirit. That's what it's about. Not the $5k your kid might get by playing lax only all year round . Very ignorant post .
Exactly.... and there is plenty of research to support this, from a mental and physiological perspective. Additionally, it's common knowledge that coaches are seeking multi-sport athletes. Could it be that single sport parents are complete headcases??? You decide..

Only idiots put their kids in football. Also Long Island is a football wasteland for the most part. Crazy how much time, effort and money is spent. Rarely produces any top players much less pro players. All bravado to make their kids "thought". lol!