[quote=Anonymous]It's like an avalanche and I can't stop. Thank you for the advice about considering a B team. My older son actually plays on what would be considered a B team and they are anything but. Many of the kids are just as good as the A team players but not better so the original players stay put. It kind of sucks but I actually agree with that.

That said, two points I want to make clear. We went to another club because I was extremely impressed with that particular coach and I truly believe my son and the team will get quality coaching. Regarding the A/B thing, since the quality coaching is not a concern as I stated, there is a psychological component. You may disagree but, as I mentioned in the original post, my son was under-utilized. I never said I didn't think he was an A team player. I want my son to believe in himself and we are using this opportunity for a fresh start. That B team may actually be better than his new team but putting him on the team, in some manner, is admitting defeat which we are not prepared to do at his young age of 11.

Please don't take the last sentence the wrong way... I made it clear I have no issues with B teams.

I hope this is helpful. Getting this out has been for me. [/quot
e]

Completely agree with you. Confidence is key. Move forward not back. Congratulations on being such supportive and level headed parents.