Originally Posted by cidkid
Against my better judgement, I am writing this reply to several of things that have been posted about me, or several other people that are involved with the 2023 Lacrosse Community. I make it a practice to stay off of this website, because I think it has degenerated into a [lacrosse] and complaint site rather then it's original purpose, for people to share information about the Sport of Lacrosse.

I have coached the game of Lacrosse for better then fifteen years at both the PAL and travel levels, and been fortunate to be part of several quality organizations, such as my home town Rough Rider Program, the Long Island Outlaws, and the Long Island Express. I coached four years with the Outlaws and had the opportunity to coach a lot of great kids, and make some great friendships with their families. I have no issues with it's Leadership in Pat Brennan or his son's. I have a Great deal of respect for Mike Brennan as a coach and as a person, and I count him as a friend. My move to the Express with my sons was a personal choice made within my family. I currently have the opportunity to coach both a 2023 and a 2019 team with the Express, and I am fortunate to be able to continue to work with and learn from two Extremely Experienced Coaches in Karl Hedstrom and Doug Schrieber, and both of my sons are having very positive experiences, playing with their teams.

For those of you that make comments about AJ Haugen and especially his son, you should be ashamed of yourself. AJ's Lacrosse pedigree speaks for itself, different then a lot of people that hold themselves out as an authority on this website, and are all too quick to criticize those that coach! To call someone a scumbag, or a group of coaches scumbags is just ignorant and cowardice. More importantly anyone that makes disparaging remarks about any child on this website needs counseling. My son did not make AJ's team at last years try-outs, because he did not perform well enough at try-outs to warrant replacing one of the players on the team. He was the first to admit it, after the try-out results were posted.

I take exception with people making comments about either my son or myself under the protection of posting anonymously. Those of you whose sons I have coached, know that I care very much about the boys in my charge, and that I care about the experience that they have with me as their coach. Does my style gel with everyone, probably not, but isn't that usually the case. If you have an issue with me, have the courage to take it up with me directly.

For all the people that spend countless time on this website: If you don't like your sons travel organization, it's leadership or their coach, go somewhere else. There are plenty of choice available on Long Island. For those of you that don't like how the Empire, Brine or Warrior Teams are selected, speak with your wallet, and just don't try-out. Your sons future in the sport of lacrosse will not be defined by whether or not they make one of these teams in sixth grade.

I was recently told that Mike Chanenchuk Jr. was cut from the Empire team,when he tried out, and obviously things worked out OK for him.

I'll end this here, but not anonymously,

Patrick Lough

Wow what a great statement. Is your PAL team with all outlaws, honey badgers and such still playing in the D division of PAL and winning games by 10 goals?