Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's not PAL. The stronger kids on Express play a lot more. A bit early to worry though. The bottom of the roster will play less at Express and everywhere else. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's different at Express. The extra 4-5 kids doesn't change the dynamic that much. Stronger kids play more. Period. If you want equal playing time stick with PAL. You are paying for instruction. Enjoy the practices and worry about playing time in the Spring.

I think the statement of an extra 4-5 kids is pretty accurate; however, when that equates to a 20%-25% increase in roster size, it seems kind of extreme. My son played Express Hedstrom at Columbus Day. I thought they were a very competitive team. They were in every game. But there just doesn't seem to be enough time to go around. Considerering starters will eat more minutes than non-starters, some of those kids are really going to suffer on the bench. 2 shifts at attack and defense, 2 goalies and 3 middie lines still leaves too many kids hanging. You just don't need that many kids. It's a poor business model that can't possibly equate to more income long term.

MC doesn't know squat about how to run a business. He's all about the quick buck. That''s why 91 took a good amount of market share away with regards to quailty players. Express is a bottom feeding organization. It makes money because the consumer is still very naive about Lacrosse but soon enough the consumer becomes savvy enough to realize and the solid clubs will swallow them up .........no longevity in that model.