Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone is just trying to stoke the fire in this age group. Make whatever comments you want but there is no dis-function on the Outlaws 2023 1st team. The coach is great and is a motivator. He is teaching the boys and there is real talent on the squad. Do they have the depth of some of other LI teams? Probably not and this may be why it will become more difficult to compete but the kids are encouraged and, in their minds, feel they can compete. At least for this team, put aside the past as it is old news which has been covered extensively in the fall. It's a different team and the head coach has been great. He is approachable and accessible. Kids have one team practice a week in the winter and can sign up for Outlaw or other clinics to supplement.

As a parent that left I agree and diasagree with you. There were major problems the last few years, it was evident that's the reason why more than half the team left. MB or PB have been coaching this team since the second grade. That tells you sonething. MB was put into a touch situation last year and it was not his fault. The new coach just never showed up and it was way to late when the change was made. That being said, it is possible this team was a microcosm off how the entire club is run. How do you have a directors team be so disfunctional for so long. I know many parents there and your not practicing once per week. That was the plan but it hasn't happened yet in the winter., am I right? Most clubs, like my sons, have had almost ten practices since the last fall tournament. They will be prepared to go on the first tournament in the spring. I won't hear the excuse that it's the first tournament and we really have not had practice yet this year, another reason we left. You still don't have both coaches at every practice. That is a problem, no? So that issue was not corrected. yes there are amazing parents on the club and all the problems have left, maybe including myself. So good for you that your starting fresh. But how does PB take a parent back who spent the last two years bad mouthing the organization, leaves and joins another club. He gets kicked off that club for complaining and you bring him back? What message is that sending? This was not the first time he took a parent back that left who was nonstop complaining. These are some questions about how it was run launch 2nd grad and still happening. The parents that stayed are happy and I am happy for them because they are my Friends. But old news sometime is still tomorrow's front page story.