Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, very interesting observations about this scrimmage.
Both teams played great, showed off some very talented players.
I observed all players playing and coaches from both teams were instructing the players on field.

The scrimmage ended in a tie if I counted the score correctly. Both teams had great plays and mistakes. The takeaway here is learning what the negatives were and working them out while improving on positive play. I think it would be anyone game if these two teams were to compete in a tournament.

However, for now I am giving the advantage to S2S given they have more experience and a travel organization behind them.

SYAG just tied S2S. Time to revisit the top team list. SYAG has to be in the conversation.

1). It was a scrimmage and S2S was playing everyone equally
2). S2S was missing 4 kids including faceoff kid.

Only two guys took that seriously, and they acted like it was a national championship. But good try, SYAG lunatic coaches.

S2S had those exact same excuse at their last scrimmage against Outlaws and Warriors. Almost word for word as the last post after those scrimmages.

A lot of people will make excuses after they play our boys. We told you that we were going to shock some people.

Shock???!!! You run a zone D. people would be "shocked" if you could run with the better teams, not just slow them down.

Wait, what coach has 11 & 12 year olds playing a zone???? That's ridiculous. There is a time and a place for a zone defense, and it's not in youth lacrosse. I'm a defensive coach for my district's varsity team and a former collegiate pole. A zone defense should be used to supplement your regular defense when you encounter matchup issues. You should never run a zone at the youth level. It teaches the boys nothing and doesn't prepare them for the game at an advanced level. Generally, zone defenses are employed by coaches that don't understand the game. It's very easy to employ; however, it should only be used AFTER boys have learned the full intracies of a man defense. And no 11, 12, 13 or 14 year old has yet. Honestly, if your coach has never played the game, your team is going to have a hard time transitioning to the next level. You'll more likely find that the team will plateau and no matter how much you practice your team won't improve.