Originally Posted by Anonymous
But your son would switch places with him in a heart beat. He wants that A team swag so bad he can taste it
Oh and the only reason my son doesn't start on his A team is BC I won't suck up to coach like other daddies. On ability, he'd never leave field.

That post is pathetic.

The problem with studs on B-level teams is that, while they likely have the ability to play for the top clubs (though not start... if they were good enough to start, realistically, they would be on the team), it's tough to bump an equal kid who's been there awhile. I'll also say that those top tier clubs have A LOT of boys who play minimal minutes. That's the issue. Do you want low minutes in games and highly efficient practices (no one dropping the ball, high reps, etc..)? Or do you want high minutes (30+ minutes in a 40 minute game) and less efficient practices? There are very few boys on the top 5 teams that have the luxury of both. Probably 15-20 players on the grade level. If your son is lucky enough to be one of them, then you're exactly where you want to be. If not, that's a decision that you need to make. We all know that these clubs are not getting any less expensive. Personally, I'd rather not spend a weekend traveling to Maryland and renting a hotel just to watch my son ride the bench. I think playing time is a premium over all else, but that's just my opinion. There are plenty of clubs on LI, you just need to find the best one for your kid.