Originally Posted by Anonymous
Excuses. My son plays for Brotherly Love. If we have mastered "stall ball" and you can't figure out a way to beat it, I'm not sure what to say. We beat Igloo by more than a couple. Say what you want to say, we've competed with some of your best drawing from a much smaller pool of talent, especially given the growth of clubs in the area. I'm ok with you dismissing us. I'm ok with you making excuses. You have to justify your investment somehow. Who am I to judge your formula for success. If we invested half as much time and money as you do in the sport I can only imagine what our kids could do. Perhaps they would all get free rides to d1 like all your kids?

Clue: no one in D1 gets a full ride

Look up the word sarcasm.

Next time, use the sarcasm font . . .

I understand your frustration. How could a team, or two, from PA possibly beat Igloo? By being better teams? As crazy as that might sound, excuses aside, sometimes teams simply get beaten by better ones. Brotherly Love had Igloos number from the momment they stepped on the field. They appeared stunned by BL's speed and aggressive play. Parents started losing it on the refs and were warned numerous times. One Igloo kid actually took a swing at one of ours. Good show Igloo.

I would love to see the month/year of birth for each player on brotherly love and compare it to that of Igloo. It would be illuminating. And before someone says this is crazy or weird, the Atlantic Youth Hockey League (the top youth league for kids from metro NY through Philly and parts south) publishes the names and month/year (not actual date) of each player on the leagues website. All backed by birth certificates at USA Hockey. Completely 100% transparent as to who your kid is playing against. Even without holdbacks, the PA kids are older because they start school later than kids in NY, on the average.

That would be interesting. Your kids were bigger and outnumbered us 22 to 17. Actually, some of your kids were huge. I would love nothing more than to compare birth dates. You people are incredible! It's like a car wreck. I want to stop posting, but the things you say!