Originally Posted by Anonymous
Basketball is a great sport that works well with Lacrosse. An athlete that plays lacrosse will want to play other sports.
All sports have a chance for injury but to try and sell me on youth Football being a safe sport is ignorant. As a parents you make the decisions to do whats best for your boy. If Football is what you think is best so be it.

I have 4 boys ages 11 through 19 and have coached them in baseball, football, lacrosse and basketball. Over the 13 years, I've coached over one hundred kids. And in that time, I've seen plenty of injuries. Concussions, acl's, broken legs and arms and noses and orbital bones. Most have come from baseball, 2 concussions, a torn acl and broken arm from lax, broken nose from basketball and only one broken finger from football. My point is that all sports come with inherent rust, but to paint football with such broad strokes of danger is insane. I have a ton of experience on the topic. More than most of you. Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for your perspective but I'll actually stick with the research studies by experts which support the claims that football is dangerous and has long last effects on the brain.

So when you read about cte do you think it's all made up or do you just think it's worth the risk so you can "toughen up" your kid

Interesting how you cite a preference for wrestling, yet recent NCAA studies show wrestling as the sport having the highest rate for SRCs; men's and women's hockey also were higher than football. You don't seem so well informed if you think wrestling is a better option than football as far as danger for brain injuries go . . .