Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop please stop the whining ....it's getting old. Then don't tryout for the club. Don't knock until you try it. The tryout alone was top notch and competitive.

And I'm sure it wasn't free either and that's fine but $4K is a huge number and my point was what is the return on your investment. This is just club lax expense start adding showcases , prospect camps etc etc. A parent can be at $80K or more at this rate and there is no guarantee. I remember the days when clubs were $1K per kid and don't give the BS that tourney costs when up. Tourneys were $1500 now maybe $2500 so at 6 events thats an extra $6K in expenses. Uniforms are either cheaper or for free now because a club gets sponsored. Let us lookout at the club side 20 kids at $1K vs 20 at $4K that's $60K to the plus side to make up that paltry $6K in tournament increases. And being that you brought up tryouts $25 vs $100 and there are double the number of kids because of the mass confusion, it's like the stock market and how traders make $$$$ in a volatile market. Finally , the clubs chirp about loyalty and the lack thereof but see how fast a club releases a kid that is slightly better or is politically connected to the club or the coach. The whole fish stinks from the head on down.