Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2023 Warrior Tryouts, if you want to call them that was a SHAM! The first part of the try-outs were a series of drills for the boys to display their individual skills, this was fine. When the boys were divided into two teams for a scrimmage, one team was made up of 91 Bandit and Express players (A Team), and the other was everyone else. This team is to be coached by Joe Spallina, A.J. Haugen and a couple of other token coaches, so it's interesting that the teams for the scrimmage would be divided this way. Play seemed to be dominated by the team of players from assorted other organizations, so it will be interesting to see how the roster shakes out and how many players from Bandits and Express A make the team, as opposed to some of the other players. My opinion is that the roster was determined prior to try-outs, and this was nothing more then a formality to add some legitimacy to the process. When the try-outs were concluded the players and their parents were asked to gather at the center of the field to hear comments from one of the events coordinators. The group was thanked for coming out and they would know something by Wednesday. They were also told that they had been reviewing film of players from this group that could not physically make the try-outs for over two months. Seriously?, How stupid do these people think we are? For starters, how many sixth graders have film to submit for review? Just another way for the powers to be (91, Express, Outlaws, and the rest of the Long Island Lacrosse Mafia) to justify putting together a team of their choosing, to showcase their own players, and collect some money ($185 per family) from all of the other poor saps that think their son had a legitimate chance to make this team on their own merits. I would Love to see the roster published once this team is determined, with the travel organization each player is from. My guess is there will be few surprises. What a disgrace!

Yes, total sham and everyone will know for next year. Disgraceful on 91 and Express! Whoever reads this, please take note for next year. Do not waste the $185, or more next year.

There were a couple of Igloo kids, a few S2S, 4 or 5 Warriors. Who else did you expect to make the team? Right now, those, along with the Bandits and Express, are the best teams with many of the best players. Of course there are good kids on other teams, but if they were really good then they would have been on one of those 5 teams. I really don't know how you people expected this to go. Maybe if more Igloo, S2S and Warriors showed up it may have been different, but they didn't. I think that may have been a wake-up call to those parents who think their kid is substantially better than he is. Keep in mind, all of the kids there were very very good; however, that doesn't mean that they should all make the team. And in case you're wondering, my kid was there and will not make the team, but at least I saw how he stacked up against the best.

Oh stop it. You are phony and we all know that you were one of the organizers. Possibly even Channy himself. You know the game was joke and a fraud so please stop responding to how it wasn't.