It really shouldn't be a mystery that the coaches would have their son's on the team. Maybe you carry a larger roster to allow for the three spots given to the coaches sons, and still carry the 23 or whatever number is deemed to be the ideal number for the roster. I was present at the try-outs, and my son did not make the team. I personally though that he had a great try-out, but since I don't make those decisions, I had to go along with it like everyone else whose son was not offered a spot. My larger concern was that evaluations should be done by an impartial group that does not have a connection to one of the travel programs, and therefore no vested interest in who makes the team other then the best players. This goes back to Warrior or Brine or whoever delegates the selection process to local folks, rather then having a team that would travel from location to location doing the evaluations. I would have liked to see more diversity of players representing more teams and organizations, but when the teams were split one team (91 and Express A), and one team everyone else for the scrimmage part of the try-outs, it was pretty clear how things were going to go. As I mentioned in my post, I will definitely think twice before plunking down a couple hundred dollars for one of these try-outs again. I don't know about Joe Spallina, but I do know AJ was specifically asked to coach this team, it was not something he sought to do. I also don't believe the choice of putting his son on the team was completely his to make. Just my opinion.

Patrick Lough