Originally Posted by Anonymous
How often does your team practice? Once a week in fall, once a week in winter, then ramp it in spring. Is that the normal?

That's typically how most if the good programs do it. There should be at least 1 practice now a week leaving into the winter. Then a min of 2 practices a week during the spring and summer, gearing up for all the tournaments. At this age, they need to develop not only on an indv level, but as a team as well, and the only way to do that through practice.
Some programs do go overboard saying 50 practices, but in reality you should have 20-30 practices in a year with your team. if your not, i would ask questions, after all you are paying for it and they should want your kids to development, after all it helps there club name.

20-30 practices for $2500 fee? You are better off going to clinics for the whole year. It's cheaper and your son gets more reps.

i agree, but who is paying $2500 except the "top 4" clubs. The average club on LI is around $1600. if i am paying $2500 or more, then i am expecting a lot more then just practices for that cost.