Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for the support. The last couple days have been therapeutic. The few people that identified me have only had nice things to say and felt I gave them a voice as well.

I won't pretend I am not one of those parents that never complains. It would be foolish to pretend otherwise. What I can tell you is we should all take a moment to just watch our kids. They get on the field and there is no malice in them. They play because it is fun (and to win). When it stops being fun they will stop playing.

For the person that hopes my child has the same philosophy as me... I am the one that is trying to live by his philosophy. All I can do is try and make sure he continues to love life which is no easy task.

Back to lacrosse.... it's ok to live vicariously through your kids. Their experiences are your experiences. What you need to avoid is getting upset with them when they have a setback. Pick him up, dust him off and send him back out there making sure he knows you will love him no matter what (this goes for your daughters as well).

AMEN TO THAT.