Originally Posted by Anonymous
S2S is more than just Manhasset. Kids from Bethpage, RVC, NYC. It is proving to be an opportunity to poach kids from poor coaching at other programs and the normal over rostering at Express.

As good as they are, and they are very good, there is no future in that team. They won't be invited to recruiting events in a few years and the top kids will bolt to the teams that will offer them more exposure. It's a sad truth, especially since all of those parents already think their kids are going to be committed in 7th grade.

That is complete BS. Express and NinetyOne are not the only clubs that get asked about players. If your kid is good; coaches/colleges will find him no matter where he is playing. But, if you are in the middle of a stacked team, don't stay
Go find a team where you will start and be on thr field more often. I never heard of a college coach asking about the kid on the bench. You have to be playing.

It's just the way it is. Believe me, or don't believe me, it doesn't matter. The quality players gravitate to the teams that will get them the most exposure. S2S will never be able to do that if they are only developing a single team. Clubs get invited to showcases, not teams.