Thanks for the feedback, guys. I wasn't meaning to stir up a hornets' nest with my questions....

Obviously, every coach...and every team in a club...is different. And even 2 family's experience on the same team can vary. In general, another family I know in the area was RIDICULOUSLY complimentary of their son's experience with the Blue Star coaches. That was the primary reason they said they kept their son there.

I have no perspective of Patriot. Anyone have experience there?

FYI. My son went to BBL camp this week. I have been pretty disappointed in what I've seen. To the point above, ratio is about 30 kids to 1 coach. And, there really doesn't seem to be a lot of "coaching" going on. Running kids through a few drills--after starting 15 minutes late. 25-minute breaks. 45-minute games of "handball" with 40 kids together on the field. 15 minute "games" where kids all run the whole field--no positions. Perhaps my expectations were not realistic--since it was our first time at one of these "camps"--but I was definitely hoping for a lot more "instruction" and feedback to help my son get better. Not against clubs making $$$, but it seems like this camp is more about making $ than really teaching kids to get better at lacrosse.

And, to be clear, I'm not meaning to call out BBL. We haven't been to other club camps...so maybe this camp experience is the same everywhere. I assume (hopefully) that if my son makes it on an actual club team--with any club--they'd be focused a lot more on instruction/feedback in that setting.