Originally Posted by Anonymous
You mean like the LE 2022 kid who committed to Merrimack?

Poster above shouldn’t knock any of the schools. Good for these kids going on to play at the next level. I have heard that 22 from SPF is a great player . I Hope he does well.

Agreed, all of these kids are excellent lacrosse players, and have found a fit that works for them, pretty low class to knock the schools that they have chosen. Added statement that LE would beat Riot by 6 goals speaks volumes about the poster...if LE has all of these top recruits, why didn't they make the playoff bracket at NAL this weekend....bad coaching?

When all else fails, just blame the coach!

Seriously, I know that there is a ton of great competition out there, but it just seems like LE always has these loaded teams that do not perform well consistently. I know that in the end the wins and loses aren't really that important, but they have some great players, seems like they should be advancing further in these tournaments, and I don't just mean the 2023 team.[/quote]
At the high school level, the teams are good but not top 5 in the country. The 23 and 24 teams both won tournaments this year and their 25 were in the finals a few times. That's not bad for a Jersey team.
The teams that are winning the big events pull in kids from all over. Jersey can't get the best kids in one class to play on the same all-star (UA/Nike) team.[/quote]

Across the board I thought NJ showed extremely well this summer. At the 2024 level even the “best” teams that won tournaments dropped games at some point in the summer. At ultra competitive events such as NAL the talent of one team vs another is usually close so even the most “stacked” teams are in one goal games.