Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is no one talking about the breaking news today!!!!! BBL taking over team turnpike!! What a moveee!! Oh my gosh turnpike is such a great opportunity for them to really get a strong hold on all of that talent!!

Cha Ching Cha Ching. Ring those registers! Bubble rent is due !

Exactly, and why is the Turnpike deal such a great opportunity. Turnpike is a decent program, but I do not think that it is loaded with elite-level talent. If anything, it will be good for the other NJ clubs, kids will end up leaving BBL because they are not on the best BBL team., and if BBL is as disorganized as some have suggested on this forum, the exodus will be pretty quick. My kid has been playing long enough that I have a pretty good handle on the top kids in his class, none of them are on Turnpike.

I think the above poster had some sarcasm when speaking about how great of an opportunity it is. Everyone on here knows that turnpike essentially means nothing in the NJ club world.

In hindsight, I suspect that you are correct...you just never know considering half of the nonsense that you read on this forum. At least with United, BBL got right into a market with an established club and a marketable last name.
United/BBL was not able to hang onto all the players they wanted. Those personal calls that AH made to try and keep the United players blew up in his face.
We will find out soon enough. It's about results, being competitive in tourneys against top national teams. A depth chart of all BBL players for National teams would make sense. Chance for a player to move up based on merit play. Plus I will guess BBL is planning on expanding outside of NJ (i.e. Colorado).