Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've seen the 23' beat O2, GSLA, NJLA , NJ Select LC, 3D Garden State ; Have seen the 22's beat Upper Level, GLSA, Team 11, LI Empire -Green and Mad Dog this year alone
Remember, this is a 'Town' team coming from a town of about 4k.

So it started that they can beat any NJ club team... now we should remember that this is a town team from of a town of about 4k people...things have certainly changed...not one of the NJ teams listed is considered a top NJ club team....I believe that Mad Dog is the only team that plays A bracket tournaments, and they are average at best...the rest are B teams

Correction...I see that you were referring to Mad Dog '22 team not '23 team, so no context there...but at the '23 level, BBL Elite and Tri-State Shore are typically the strongest teams out of NJ

Tri-Stare Shore is dead, all kids moving to other teams or going to Tri-State Central
At '23 BBL Elite is the top team with Blue Star behind it. Blue Star will get better with new kids and if they trim their roster.
Leading Edge Elite was very weak but will be strong next year after 5 to 10 kids reclass from '22.
Tri-State all moving to central but major issues
Mad Dog '23 does play AA but loses 3rd game of day because of numbers, they are 3 to 5 players away from being a real AA team.
NJ Riot - AA team and A teams. Parents not on AA are unhappy. Not sure what parents are watching if they think their kids are AA.

Every club in NJ has issues. Parents all complain about the same things, outside of maybe BBL & Blue Star: Communication is a joke, lack of any player development and bottom 5 kids on the roster are a money grab.

Mad Dog plays some AA teams in tournaments when there is only one 2023 blended A division, if there is an AA and A bracket, Mad Dog plays A. No shame in playing A, but let's be honest. They will definitely get better with some player adjustments, but I do know that some people are turned off from Mad Dog because they rely heavily on local kids.

And the other statement you make is that Mad Dog is 3-5 players away from being a real AA team, not an easy find in the market