Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hi all, I was just looking at the Men's College Lacrosse Rankings and they have Monmouth University at 13 and in the media pool they have them receiving votes for the top 20 with them just missing the cut. It made me think back to one of the earlier threads where people were talking about the value of the kids and the schools they get into where someone compared a kid going to Monmouth, is not as prestigious as some of the top schools.

In looking at the rankings and polls, there is widespread parity across college lacrosse. There are always teams on the bottom that may never be really good like a VMI or Cleveland State because they will have a difficult time attracting talent. College lacrosse rankings have become cyclical and basically things can change for any college team with just a few high level recruits. I am not saying Monmouth is going to beat Virginia, but the fact some of the teams always ranked in the top 10, Hopkins, Penn State, are ranked really low right now because teams are leveling out.

I know these rankings change all the time. I don't think we should minimize the fact a kid playing at Monmouth, Sienna or Lafayette should be considered less of a talent because they didn't go to Yale, Maryland or Duke. There is minimal scholarship money anyway, 12.6 scholarships for a 60 man roster so I would rather my kid go to a school like UMass, Monmouth, Hartford, or a Bucknell (just to give a wide variety of academic standards) and hopefully get a little run by sophomore or junior year, than be a non player at one of the top 5-10 schools. Even the best kids are not getting playing time at those schools. All the money is in academics anyway and most of these kids are bright.

Cant wait for the HS games to start next week.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-men/d1/ncaa-mens-lacrosse-rpi

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/polls

Is this for real or a joke? Honestly, can’t tell.

I don't care how much playing time my kid does or doesn't get in college, he is going to the best school for academics regardless of their ranking...