Originally Posted by Anonymous

Wow, BBL2023 getting into the holdback thing. Good team but sheesh.

They have a good team, but Blue Hen A bracket was filled with a bunch of mediocre teams...BBL could beat them all with their WSYL team

Interesting point about BBL, looks like the BBL North team played True National on Sunday at Tri-lax final and got beat pretty good at 11-3, the following day at Naptown, BBL Elite team lost 13-2 to the same True National team. North team must be a new additional to the BBL group. Different kids or mixed team from Elite?

90% of parents with boys born in the summer hold their boys in kindergarten so enough with the WSYL cutoff being some magical date.

I have no kid that plays for BBL and was at Naptown. BBL looked like a non-hold back team, their big kids had baby faces and moved like 7th graders. They might have a couple of summer birthdays but Ture, Dukes, Hawks and Team Baltimore are at a different level. Even the team from Texas that was not good had 10+ holdbacks.

BBL is one of the top '23 teams in NJ.

It would be interesting if the NJ club owners could do what's best for the kids and start a Sunday spring league. Until NJs top clubs & players break away from town lacrosse they will never compete with the top teams in Maryland. At least provide additional opportunities to play at a high level but that would require effort from the clubs.
[/quote]

The Sunday league would be great and I'm sure it would succeed. I'm sure the concern is the town teams would slowly die off. The concern for many would be an escalation of club fees to the point it gets unreachable for many.