Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
Originally Posted by laxislife
NJ Swarm has 2 teams; one is 2020 and the other is 2021 & the program is ran by the Don Bosco Prep goalie coach. Small but solid program that is growing although they should merge with O2 Lacrosse considering they are all coaches at DBP and this would strengthen their teams.

I agree with O2 Lacrosse & NJ Swarm merging - 1) it makes sense with the DBP coaches which would be similar to Express but they don't just pull from St Anthony's, they also pull from Chaminade & Kellenberg and 2) O2 folded a couple of age groups such as their 2021s so by these two merging, the team would be much more competitive.

The BBL program is building bigger brand in NJ,the addition of the North teams over last year makes them the bigger player. North Jersey has been looking for a powerhouse program and they may be the one. If they tap the better players it will push out some the other smaller clubs.

Agreed, BBL has made tremendous strides in growing a successful program, but, like other clubs in NJ, they run the risk of diluting the product. If a kid does not make the BBL elite team, they will eventually move on to another program. BBL is not a brand like Express or 91 where parents are willing to pay for the name even if their kid is not on the top team. That is not meant as a knock on BBL, or the talent on their teams, just the reality faced by clubs in NJ. I think that teams need to stick with what they are good at and not try and take over the world. BBL elite is a very successful model, why do they need to have multiple teams that may compete at the B and C levels, there are other clubs in the state that fill that role. The best way to attract the top talent is to have a team that kids aspire to play for, the top BBL, Blue Star, Tri-State and Leading Edge teams are where kids tend to gravitate to if they want to play at a more competitive level, not sure whether it pays for a club like BBL to push out smaller clubs and have developmental teams with the hopes that kids will move up through the system. Just as a disclaimer, I realize that this same argument applies to all of the top clubs in NJ, I only focused on BBL because they were mentioned above.

Let's go Colts! lol