Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where do you see who is signed up for WSYL?

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.leagueapps.com/tournaments/773194/standings

Thanks for that! Assume more will sign up as time gets closer. Freedom, Patriot, Maddog, 3d are teams that would seem to fit on this list.

How many teams from the region qualify? Is it set # or a % of entries?

I don't think that you will see any of those clubs entering teams, they would have signed up already. It is not an easy undertaking if you have too many kids that do not make the cut-off, plus you have to get the parents on board as well.

Agree, I know BBL and Tristate just announced their WSYL team tryout but they are teams that annually field a team so I am sure they preregister and I would assume the better/eligible players from the other NJ teams will tryout for those WSYL teams. It is very difficult to field a competitive team from a preexisting club because of the age cutoff and dispersion of talent across the state.

Only a couple of the NY clubs can typically field a WSYL competitive team with their existing club team. I believe the BL team is primarily their club team but they built it over the last couple of years with this tournament in mind. You absolutely need a stud FO and Goalie and at least 1 dominant (read post puberty) midfielder to have any success out there.

Plus as you said, you need all the parents willing to drop a decent chunk of change on a lacrosse vacation.

As for qualifiers, last year, 5 from the east qualified and I think 6 from the North. I would think its based on the # of entries/talent areas although if the Central had 15 teams enter, I am still not sure they would take top 5 since the depth of talented teams is not as great as the East or North. Last year you had 2 East teams make the playoffs out in Denver, 4 North teams, 1 International and 1 West Team.