Why detest on Monmouth? I just don't understand what some people don't get. The smaller schools, with less BIG NAME recognition are all catching up to the pack. Monmouth was 8-3 and ended up being ranked 18th and made the NCAA's. Yes it was in a smaller conference. A few posts ago it was pointed out some of the schools LE committed their kids at. Just to name a few Bucknell, 2-6 #51, Hopkins, 4-9 #40, Colgate 3-7 #46, Holy Cross 2-4 #62, and Villanova who at 7-5 #25 had a good season but slightly less than Monmouth. Kudos to LE as these are good schools but my point is on the schools and lax not LE. There are so many good high school lacrosse kids playing at a high level now, parity is beginning to set in across the board. UDEL, High Point, Hobart, UMASS, Jacksonville are all schools that are competitive now. I know it changes yearly but the old days of looking down on small schools is something from the past. If your getting a business degree you can go anywhere. If your going for engineering go to the smart schools.[/quote]

It's not that Monmouth is a bad school, it's fine. I think the issue is that many kids/parents want to use lacrosse to get their kid into a better school than they otherwise would. Monmouth has about an 80% acceptance rate, so if you are a decent student you can get in there no problem without lacrosse. Same goes for all of the other schools you named. Some people don't look at it this way and that's fine too.