Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are 100% right. Naptown, NLF Champ, and NAL are the 3 top tourneys. Great VIII in CT is one of those great boutique tourneys, but doesn’t have the cache or college visibility as the 3 mentioned above.

For the person who said you can get recruited at any club you are correct. But if you want the best chance to impress the top tier D1 programs, you need to be playing on a club that competes in tourneys those top colleges are at. No ACC teams will be sending their head coach to Lehigh Laxfest, but i can guarantee they will all be at the tourneys i listed above.

If you’re shooting for lower level D1 or D3, you have more flexibility on what club to play for.

Just checked Lehigh Laxfest. Past colleges that attended are Air Force, Duke, Villanova and Richmond amongst others. All HIGH END colleges that Leading Edge has sent kids to. So your wrong. The college coaches go to a lot of different tournaments nowadays. NLF, NAL, Naptown and Crabfest all have attendees in one way or another by NJ clubs. I am not the person who posted the "recruitment at any club" post but I agree with him. Stay on your club teams. LE, BBL and Tri State are the higher end clubs and Mad Dog is making a big push from 2025 and lower. Blue Star, Riot, Patriot are all there as well and put kids in D1 just like everyone else with BS being more successful.

The bulk of the past few threads is LE just trying to advertise that they and the NLF is more important than anything else and its just not the case anymore. I am so tired of their branding, most people see thru it now.