Originally Posted by Anonymous
Haha
Yeah they get better in High School because they cut your kid. Then they raid all the other programs and get better talent. LE takes anyone at youth level dumb enough to pay. Then they get cut after 7th grade. Just ask bbl, they have taken their players for years.
Fact of the matter is LE helps with recruitment at the hs level and bbl does not. But do not think any kid is getting better in LE youth program. They are NOT.
And now that holdbacks have flooded 2022, you can be sure there will be no kid from the last couple of years left in the fall of 2018.

More like 4. Leading Edge is the only program in NJ that consistently plays the best teams game in and game out. Their youth teams do not win a lot but they get much better playing against the best every single game. My son is a product of it. No way any other club in NJ consistently plays the level of competition that Leading Edge does, not even close. We started out in another program, which I thought had a good schedule. It is a whole different world playing against those NLF teams. The youth kids take their lumps, but they improve significantly. When they get into HS Leading Edge is one of the best 4 teams at every tournament. I would rather learn how to be competitive in middle school and lose more than I win, and in return be prepared to compete at the highest level when the college coaches have their eyeballs on you. I see so many parents at the middle school level more concerned with winning. They are missing the boat if they are truly serious about their son competing at a high level and getting to the D1 level. The long island boys do not have to leave nassau or Suffolk to get that in their formative years. We in NJ have have to seek it out and not shy away from it. Too many in NJ are stuck in the mud thinking that playing against the 3rd LIE team or 2nd 91 team is as good as playing against the first teams.

You living in the past. Yes, they have been able to take the top players from other clubs. Those days are over. They are losing players to BBL, Blue Star, and others. They are losing 16-1 at the younger levels to NJ teams "stuck in the mud".

Maybe you are a masochist but most parents don't like to watch little Jonny lose by 10. The "we play better teams" only works for a couple of tournaments and you can't say they have better coaching.

You obviously did not read the post. I am not a LE fan. They are horrible at the youth level. At the High School level they are the top club. To say that the kids do not leave their clubs to go to LE in H.S. is a lie. BBL is better at everything except recruiting and that is why the better kids leave.

Lets be honest, if your kid is good enough, recruiting is not a huge issue because they will get noticed, this is why colleges pay people to go out and find players. Sure, it helps if your club is playing in top tournaments against top teams, that is typically where the coaches are spending the majority of their time, but this also means that playing the same NLF teams in the same NLF tournaments all of the time is not getting your kid the most exposure. College coaches aren't hanging around the NLF tournaments all of the time, they can go to one, see the talent, and then spend their time elsewhere, if anything, this cuts down on your kids exposure. If you are playing in a wide variety of top national tournaments, you are more likely to get noticed. And I tend to agree with the above post. In the past, there was some migration of top players to LE once they reached the elite level, but it seems that this trend has slowed down, not sure how the 91 affiliation with affect that.