Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like I am the first to post in a while....I think its funny how a month ago some dad was talking about Monmouth and some were bashing the school. Now look what they did, they went and made the NCAA tourney....they are going to lose first round but at least they are in.

It was not about bashing Monmouth, it's about putting things into perspective. Monmouth is a very good team in the MAAC, and their players are very good in the MAAC, but it is unlikely that their success will transform the program, Obviously, there are some kids that could arguably play at a higher level school, but the team's success this year does not validate the suggestion that the program is now more elite because they are an AQ for the tournament. They will have good years and bad years in the MAAC, as always. I am very happy for the players that they will get the experience to play a top team in an amazing venue, I hope that they enjoy every minute, they will always remember such a special accomplishment. Also, keep in mind that the prior post was somehow trying to draw a correlation between academics and player talent, and, as discussed in the replies, it is a false narrative.