Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughtful post. Much appreciated. As for Bluestar, they are DOA. Already falling apart at all age levels. Ambitious plans. Lack of execution and attention to detail.

The statement about Bluestar is simply not accurate. Not only are they not "falling apart", they are carrying multiple teams at each age level. My son has played with several clubs and has never gotten the level of coaching as he has with Bluestar, and the communication with the parents is exceptional. If you haven't done so, I would encourage you to check out the program. Unfortunately, there is probably a false narrative out there with Bluestar because of the history with tri-state, but I think that you would be impressed with the program and coaching. They also have a very impressive list of college commits, especially if you take into consideration the commits from the period when the Bluestar coaches were still with tri-state. Unfortunately, a lot of the opinions on this forum tend to be biased in favor of one's own team, myself included, but I think that if you do a little due diligence on your own, you can get a better handle on what is out there. Simply making a blanket statement about a club is not really a productive use of this forum.

It is true that Blanket statements are not helpful. It is important to understand what each family is expecting to get out of a perspective club to be able to gauge if the club is meeting the family's needs or falling short. Blue Star might be a great organization for one family and lack luster for another. Same goes for BBL, LE, Tri-state. If your main objective is going to elite tournaments (Naptown, NLF, etc) certain clubs can provide that. Of course you'll have to deal with all the crazy parents and politics that come with playing on that level of club. If you want a more low-key experience where not everyone is gunning for D1 scholarships, there are teams that can provide that. Of course, you will not be winning any bragging rights on this board - but I doubt that matters to you in that case.

In general, I find lacrosse parents to be a delusional bunch that are chasing unattainable standards.