Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is so easy to troll Towermen because they are the highest ranked 2026 team in NJ (again), have great multi-sport kids and awesome coaches, went 21-5 this season, and all this for less than half the cost of BBL and LE. And we will know in approximately 2 years and 2 months which of of the three NJ teams will have the most top 25 D1 recruits. Until then, let the haters continue hating. When the trolls reply to this, please don’t forget to remind us that we lost to BBL at Millon and didn’t qualify for the World Series last summer. That really really upsets us when you do that.
8th-grade lacrosse. you have a long way to go.

This is a great response. To the Towerman person posting all this stuff I commend you for what your team has done thus far. However, the boys change so much in the next 18 months. Some kids grow late, some get very muscular and some of the big kids now don't grow enough. That is before you deal with the reclass kids in the other states and the small minority in NJ. I actually hope you guys stay together but anyone who has a kid at the 2024-2022 level have all experienced how kids change and teams change. The 2 superstars on each team will always be the superstars, its everyone else. Good luck.

From the 2023 perspective...while I am sure that there are many good players on each of these teams, it is very short sighted to simply compare yourselves to the other NJ clubs or the LI and MD clubs. This sport is growing exponentially and the talent is all over the country. Maybe there will be a NJ kid in the top 50 of the recruiting class, but highly unlikely. Spend some time on the list of commits on Inside Lacrosse at the D1 level and high level D3 clubs, they are pulling kids from all over the country. Also, take into consideration the number of kids being recruited at your sons position at each of these schools, the potential opportunities are even narrower. It is an incredibly brutal process, and very hard on the kids. If your kid is lucky enough to get recruited early by a D1 school, be aware that the process is not over, they continue to watch and assess your kid at tournaments until the letter of intent is signed. If you or your son have a connection with a kid playing D1, I would highly recommend siting down and having an honest talk, many of these kids are miserable. Bottom line, careful what you wish for, and keep things in perspective. Most of what you think about the recruiting process is simply wrong, but going through it is the only way to come to this realization. Good luck.
Don't forget about grades.. that also limits your kid, can go both ways. Not only from the Ivy's but the other way. Your kid might not be smart enough for Tuffs but too smart for Towson, St Joe or LIU. Then what?

Then go to a high academic D3 school. Much better off there than over 50% of D1 lax schools