Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually they picked up two really good players from bbl and didn’t lose anyone. Lots of hockey and football kids so not much fall action other than practices
If you think you are going to qualify you might want to have your boys put down their hockey sticks, Maryland teams are coming this year!

WSYL in MD...sounds like it's just another tourney now without the gimmick of flying out to Colorado for a family vacation. I guess you can stop at the inner harbor or maybe some filming locations from "The Wire". Other than that, no reason to go that heck hole. I'll cut to the chase. A Long Island team is gonna win it.

On the plus side, you don't have the expense of traveling to Colorado and, unlike many other local tournaments, you get to see a lot of other teams from across the county that would not normally attend a MD tournament, As far as a long island team winning, if that is your concern, probably best not to play in any high level tournaments at that age.

I only mean that the towermen kids involved in hockey should keep playing hockey in the winter (in contrast to the guy who said they should put down their sticks since MD teams are coming). Those kids will be much better served by playing multiple sports in middle school than worrying about who the competition is going to be at a weekend tourney down 95.