Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is to the individual who posted about the LE 2024's. Before I respond, I must say this site has become childish where people argue back and forth over BBL and Leading Edge. It's as bad as Trump Biden. Everyone grow up and respond intelligently. Both Clubs have strengths and weaknesses. No one really cares about any team rankings until they reach the end of the summer season during their Freshman year; except the darn parents!

My first question is were you even there? If your on the NJ forum, I would assume your from NJ but there were no other NJ teams there when the 2024 's played. Did you drive all the way to Tinton Falls just to come watch?

The 2024's lost two games by 4 goals and one game by 5. They were in every game, Legacy probably dominated them a little more, they were 3-3 at halftime against Team 91. All the teams LE played were the exact same teams as the summer; their Attack and Middies did not change at all. Not Leading Edge though who has like 10 new kids, all of whom are upgrades from last summer when they lost to Team 91 (7-6) and Express (8-7). So to say they shouldn't be playing the LI teams is ludicrous. They play them all the time and will continue to do so and will have a chance to beat them in 2021.

LE had no set plays!!! Two practices!! The offense turned over so many new kids it was impossible to even run a play from last summer (which falls on the coaches for not getting a few in before this playday.) Likewise, this was the first time they got to see the new kids, so they played a little more. The defense looked good. The team was missing a starting defender and their best offensive player, who has a chance to be ranked very high in the nation once the age group is graded, is out until next year. Not an excuse but missing the best player who scored almost 40 goals last summer hurts.

The fall is to prepare for the summer. Yes, everyone likes to win but this a whole new team who will have to get used to each other. I'll revisit this next July/August 2021.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they let the tourneys go for this fall!!!

GCRL99

This is extreme wishful thinking. Good luck