Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not true, maybe 2, 3 kids at most before the sept 1st birthday. They will do well at WSYL

They might do OK. Going 1 or 2 games over 500. WSYL will forever be a Long Island dominated event. They start building for the event in 5th grade and have two years of year-round practice so everyone can watch two Long Island or NY/CT team in the finals. Express CoachS will win, they will either play the Wolfpack or Primetime in the finals.

Parents and kids love the event but have realistic expectations. You are going to Denver to play a little lacrosse, eat Mexican food and drink. Not a bad 4th weekend.

Get your team into the NLF Club National Championship next summer and bring your summer birthdays. Rumor has it they are cutting out the "national teams" so it should be a good test for your full team.

Just out of curiosity, if most teams, if not all, that play in the NLF championship will have holdbacks/reclasses, why does the NLF have an issue with the national teams playing, is it because they are just make-shift teams that do not typically play together. While I have no love for the national team concept, why are they singled out. I am not trying to be controversial, just curious as to the rationale. For example, the DC Dogs team at the 2023 Millon national championship last summer included a few kids pulled from Next Level, and they also ended up in that NLF championship game against True national. Under the above rationale DC Dogs would be eligible, but True national would not. But that also begs the question, how would this be enforced, teams like True would just bring True "Illinois" and have a bunch of add-ons like DC Dogs. As we all are well aware, there will be no actual enforcement, and if there is, the effected teams will probably claim that the NLF "founding" clubs are just scared to play the top teams. I can definitely see teams like Express and 91 not being happy when they are excluded from the championship games.