Originally Posted by Anonymous
Leading Edge has basically put about 18 kids D1 every year. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the 23's and 24's. YES -BBL has caught up with them in this area and will send around the same amount of people D1 as well. Very minimal scholarship money. Mostly rich and smart kids are playing anyway. To the dude who was asking how do you know who is good; once you know the kids on each teams name, there is a lot out there. Now they are all in the same schools with each other so everyone knows everyone and everyone knows who is good and who is not. Like the guy said, both teams in both ages are going to put 15 each at the next level.

So, you think that LE and BBL are going to place 18 kids each at D1 every year, that seems pretty aggressive. I could be wrong, but I do not think that those number are realistic going forward for LE. In past years, all of the top kids played for LE, not so much anymore, so they do not have the same talent depth on the roster. These days, the top kids on on Tri-State, Riot, Blue Star, etc., who would normally be playing for LE are not, and don't kid yourself if you think that the top kids on those teams are not as good, if not better, than the kids on LE, or BBL for that matter.
Just counted 70+ NJ D1 2021 players in the IL database and I'm sure I missed a few. That's 5 teams with 14 each and that doesn't include the high-level D3 schools.
Maybe the talent pool in NJ has increased?

Definitely a possibility, but I wonder whether it has anything to do with the expansion of D1 lacrosse programs, many more schools in the mix these days, so more D1 spots available, although, I would much rather have my kid at one of those D3 schools over 75% of the D1 programs.

College programs are expanding much slower than at the national HS level. That means more kids from other parts of the country are competing for the same number of spots. That will lead to fewer NJ kids playing in college over time, unless something changes.