Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let’s get over to Apex or that place in Tinton Falls, LE, BBL, Tri State, Patriot, Riot, Blue Star, add some teams in each year that maybe solid from other programs like Team 91, True, Jersey Express, Etc. and settle this like the big boy states MD and NY do.

Right. Because that will happen. Can we all acknowledge that not all clubs have a purpose of producing elite players? Certain clubs are much more about providing landing spots for all players (good players and those that need to develop further). keep in mind these are business ventures for the owners. Like any business, they are targeting specific market segments. Some team may only have 1 team per grade, some 2 teams, others may have 3. I'm sure having 3 teams per grade brings in a nice little chunk of change. I'd say that those clubs that are looking to maximize top line revenue could not really care less about who is the more elite club and could not care less about competing at Apex or Tinton Falls to determine the "top" New Jersey team. Their metric for determining that title is different than lax dad's metric.

where am I going with this? Just a little self therapy session. Just felling a bit down about a particular club in that list above, in particular the money and time invested, for not much benefit.