Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am thinking education. I would rather my son go to a great D3 school over a D1 that is not a great school. Very few kids go ACC in NJ and not all from LE. If your are good coaches will find you.

I think that you both make interesting points. I tend to agree that I would rather send my kid to a top D3 school over many of the D1 schools, but everybody's situation is different, whether academically or financially. For some, schools such as UDEL, HIgh Point, Jacksonville (random list based on the prior post) may hit the mark academically and provide a place to play for a kid that does not have the grades for some of the better D3 schools. That being said, if a kids academics are really strong, and the financials work, the best academic school, whether D1 or D3 is the best choice without question. Every year, you will see some very good players from NJ go to schools that are below their playing level, and for the most part, this is due to academics. On the flip side, sometimes you see a kid over-achieve from a skill perspective because they can boost the academic profile of a college team. Either way, there is no one-size fits all for college lacrosse, everybody has their own ambitions and priorities.

I am just jumping onto this but there is nothing wrong with any of the schools the poster listed. The secondary posts make sense as well. I will use UDEL as the random example also. If my son got recruited by UDEL and we believe he could play there by junior year, I would send him there over a D3 school that is more known for education. Ultimately it would be his choice but there is nothing wrong with getting a college degree from UDEL.