Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have no connection to any of these clubs, but it makes sense that while your kid is young (grade school, middle school) you play at a club close to where you live and/or where your son's friends play and/or where he can get ample playing time to improve, and more importantly, have fun, and where he is comfortable. But if your kid looks to be one of the 20 or so best in the state at his grad year, come high school, take him to a state-wide all-star team to maximize his exposure to college recruiters, and more importantly, to coaches/directors who pump out D1 kids every year and from whom college coaches will trust their opinions on your kid. LE exists as that club. In a state like NJ, geographically, it is a model that works.

I would say if you can and you are top 20 kid go look at Team 91 Maryland or Long Island Team 91, Prime Time, Eclipse, and 2 Way. They are all better than LE overall and many of them have box training and winter training. 2 Way has the Brunswick high school coaching staff and that is why I added a non-NLF team.

Good Luck on your lacrosse journey

As many have said before, if your kid is a top 20, or even top 50, it really does not matter where they are playing. Tri-State, Blue Star and BBL 2024 kids had no problem committing early to top schools. If those other programs are convenient geographically, or offer something unique that you are interested in (i.e. box) makes sense to consider them as well, but they will offer no recruiting advantage for a top kid. That being said, I know that it is not an option for many, but a top prep school program is better exposure than any of these clubs.