Originally Posted by Anonymous
NLF organizers won’t let in a team that they are scared of in 2026. They know which team I’m referring to. Weak move.
I would worry less about NLF and start looking at 3StepSports, they are taking over Lacrosse.

I never heard of 3 Steps until yesterday...they just bought and took over NXT, tried to purchase Freedom but were denied and apparently they are in negotiations to purchase the Annapolis Hawks???

They acquired HoganLax in August. Along with the events owned by Hogan, they also got the Hawks as part of the deal.

People are right in being concerned about 3 Step. This level of consolidation can be very dangerous. If one organization owns all the events, they dictate everything from the rules and who can participate to the cost to do so. I would be very worried if 3Step started acquiring some of these multi-sport venues.
Any idea who the money is behind 3Step? If they take over all the events. They could box a club out that goes after their players. Charge much less if they are making all their money on events and renting fields.

Private Equity money. Juggernaut is one of the investors.

Interestingly they are also investing in sports facilities, though at this point it seems fairly regional (North East) and focused on basketball and baseball.

Interesting thing on Juggernaut's site about 3Step:
3 STEP owns and manages youth sports clubs, operates youth sporting events and camps and sells related apparel.

In addition, 3 STEP provides proprietary, subscription-based athlete scouting data, content and analytics to colleges and leading media outlets.