Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t follow, schools bring in roughly ten kids a year depending on need. How are they targeting less than that? The deep dive makes sense, after all their selections decide their success.

I wish that I could give you more insight. What I would like to know is how the transfer portal factors into filling out their need, i.e. do they put more weight on a portal kid to fill a spot as opposed to an incoming freshman. Seems like it would be a lot easier to get a transfer into a school, assuming that they meet the academic requirements.[/quote]

Some schools are less likely to take transfers due to cultural fit, but I think most have a hard time passing up on the opportunity to bring in talent. Even the #1 recruit in high school hasn't proven themselves on the field.

But remember its not just transfers taking those spots. Every kid was granted an extra year in 2020. Schools will have less kids leaving which I think will equate to bringing less in. My guess, spots will become more scarce for current recruiting classes.