Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not saying that there are no A players. There are plenty. Just spread out over a lot of different teams. There are very few true A 23 teams. Unless you can be competitive with 91 Bandits - seriously compete - then you are not an A team. If you can't sit at the table with serious teams from LI or MD then you are just filler for brackets. Just because a coach put a team in an A bracket doesn't mean they are an A team.

There are 4 to 4 teams in the country that can "seriously compete" with 91 Bandits. Let's be realistic..

In order to beat them, you have to play them and learn what it takes. While the NJ teams are not beating teams like 91 Bandits, some are closing the gap. While lacrosse has been prevalent in the Northeast for a long time, its been a religion in Maryland and Long Island for just as long, so the pool of players is much larger. As the town rec. programs grow in NJ, so will the pool of talented players who will migrate to club lacrosse.

Not sure I want my son's team to be be a sparring partner for the 91 Bandits. I would rather have them winning fights in a lower weight class against teams with similar coaching and training schedules. Just my opinion.