Originally Posted by Anonymous
NJLC beat the rest to the punch with at ‘23 to Hofstra.

LE kid to Maryland last week with a couple more this week I would assume. Not a competition though. Hopefully NJ is well represented as a whole.
LE kid to Navy

That is the wall kid. Very very good player. LE continues to do what they do. detest em or love em, kids get recruited.

They do recruit well, however, 3-4 years ago almost half the team was committed early on. I would say about 4-5 will be this fall. That's a big step backward. Not saying they are not a good option, but don't expect it to be automatic if you are on their roster.

Something really rare in this world happened last year if you were not aware. There was a virus that hit and really changed a lot of things. One of those things actually happens to be college recruiting believe it or not.

Like someone mentioned , college programs now have a surplus of 5th and 6th year players, as well as a crazy transfer portal of pickups left and right. The nature of early recruits is impacted by this, mainly because some of these big time programs don’t need to jump the gun or bring in as many kids.

Facts.

Anyways, there will be a couple solid recruits for every program in NJ I would guess. Leading edge track record just happens to be better than most and continues to show that they still are a great program option for an elite kid to have the opportunity to play at the next level.

Yes, the pandemic also impacted the 2022 class and they were much further along than the 2023s. So that can’t be the same reason for the slowness this year.