Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody that throws out WSYL rankings a year later is pathetic... 91 Bandits was the best 2023 team...look at how they have done since then, they revamped the team with some holdbacks and still get smacked in the NLF. The core will stick together until something better comes along, and if you think that there is nothing better out there, you are delusional..wait until a few kids go and "guest" play for another club.
So you're saying your club team will roll in NLF bec they were never ranked anywhere ever? I'll have my popcorn ready.

Not sure what you are saying, but clearly you are missing the point. WSYL rankings are meaningless and have no bearing on, the success of a team in the future, or whether a kid will stay or leave. Despite what a parent may tell you on the sideline, every parent is always evaluating whether there is a better opportunity out there for their kid. Bottom line is that I would not necessarily count on all of those kids sticking together forever, I assure you that some will leave.

Ok let me explain it like you're five. You are saying rankings are totally meaningless. So a top ranked team playing your unranked (and will never crack any ranking) team should not matter and you have a shot. ok got it. Your narrative fits the level of your club team. For that, I don't blame you for keep telling yourself that.

Yet, after all of that success, they were ranked 14 in US Club lacrosse pre-season rankings this year...much different when you put all the big clubs in the mix.

Wow. BBL is clearly in your head. You had to research rankings. That's great. By the way, did you find your son's team? I didn't think so. I won't call you pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you. I can picture you pecking away on your keyboard with two fingers googling stuff. You can't even figure out how to do a proper reply in this forum. Classic boomer.

Not a lot of research needed, I saw them play at NAL. Point is, no need to come on here, brag about the team and post meaningless rankings, the team will earn whatever respect they deserve on the field. Just enjoy watching your son play, the results may not be the best all of the time, but hopefully your son is enjoying the experience. As you saw this summer, the competition gets really tough, but that can be a good character building experience for your son and the rest of the team if they put things into perspective. Unfortunately, when the results are not what you hoped for, despite playing a very hard schedule, kids and parents get frustrated and start to explore whether the grass is greener elsewhere.