Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]You are clearly a hater. What team are you speaking on behalf of? All that I was stating is the BBL should be considered in the conversation of being one of the Top Clubs in NJ. Not saying that we are the best but from top to bottom, we produce several college commitments and the middle school teams are competitive.

BBL was listed at the top NJ 2023 team. read the prior post. Come on Mom, you can't post if you're not willing to take a little

Take a look at the team without the re-classed kids. Tri-State beat them in the qualifiers. I spoke to one of the players and he was complaining that they had to pull up younger players to fill the void.

Tri-State '23 have kids that can't play for their WSYL team this year. Their best WSYL player last year was a LE kid. WSYL shouldn't anyone measuring stick.

Age matters. If a team is full of re-classed kids it's a sham. Worse than steroids. For those of you who choose not to cheat - make sure you put your kid on at team where they can have fun and develop as players.

Agreed - but reclassed is a much different situation than kids that do not make WSYL cut-off - so be careful about suggesting that a team has reclassed kids without knowing the facts

Yes. The WSYL is more lenient. In order to compete you must have been born after 9/1/2004. Anyone born before that date and playing on a 2023 team is a re class. They even leave a little room. I believe the cutoff in our town is October 1. I believe everything should be strictly age based.

Seems kind of odd that the re-class conversation is coming up in the NJ forum, it is not that common in NJ lacrosse... although I suspect that it may become more prevalent in the future (unless things change to age-based)