Originally Posted by Anonymous
My question to ALL OF Us (myself included) is...Isn't this a personal decision, between the player, their family and the coach/school? Let me ask some of the more critical posters...Why do you care? Your decision may, or may not, be the same as theirs. Put yourself in others shoes. If a dream-school coach came to your child and family how would you react? Maybe the same as this family, but maybe not. But, in the end, it's on a case-by-case basis. My guess is that some of the more critical posters are a little jealous, and not really caring for the integrity of the game. My daughter committed to a D1 school during the summer after sophomore year. It was her top school, but we still took 7 other visits. That was perfect timing for us, but one of her team mates committed a year earlier.Perfect timing for them. quit being so critical of others successes. Congratulate them and do the best you can for your kid.

Jealous no, but am pissed off that good athletes and players are being turned off by the sport at a young age if they aren't planning on traveling all summer and committing early. Every other sport seams to be fine. The kids still play in college but we aren't talking about their early verbals and what school is watching them in middle school. And I'm also pissed off when kids don't pass the ball because dad tells her to go to the cage 100 times a game