Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think we here in MD have more good players. LI's population has got to be greater than the area of MD where the good lax is played (Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard counties), but I agree that maybe there are too many teams on LI, diluting the talent on each team a little. In MD the good teams would generally be considered, in no particular order: M&D, Integrity, Heros, SkyWalkers...then a slight step down to Md United, Bay Area, CheckHers...then another step down to CC Lax, Rebels...then a BIG step down to API and ULax. So, as you can see, there is really only 4 or 5 teams here that get the best players (with some exceptions of course). I lost count of how many teams there are on LI, but I bet it's more than this.
Now here is the funny thing about you guys chest thumping. Out of last years freshman class in college the best player wasn't from Maryland, and didn't play for Y.J.

There's only 1 team on LI that gets the majority of the top players. That's actually what makes it more impressive that MD does have M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, TLC etc that can all win games over any LI team.

Okay I will take a chance at this one , who was the best freshmen player ? Let me guess you are going with IL selection. If you are she was not names best freshmen player and then you have to also take into account that they selected 7 MD players to their senior high school team and 5 out of their 6 LI players were YJ.
and out of all of those mentioned only this 1 (I believe) was at the U.S woman try outs with the best in the world. I don't know why you're talking about any Senior because I'm talking about freshmen, so if someone was picked for a H.S. senior team the year before that has no bearing on the statement,

So by your logic your precious freshmen having a good freshmen year will have no bearing on her in the future so why are you even talking about it . We get it you are some blowhard parent from Sett who thinks her ballhog kid does not get enough attention . The post you were responding to said the majority not all so why are you even talking about some overhyped ball hog .
so i am going to answer 2 posts at once, No I am not from 'set (one t not 2 for you jealous Y.J. parents not from 'set) The kid is not a ball hog in any sense if you watch her play, as opposed to the sisters who only seem to be able to find each other, but even with that she is extremely productive. You are correct in saying her frosh year will have no impact on future results, but I'm willing to bet on her. in answer to not getting enough attention, she gets plenty, again she is still the only one with the chance of playing on both the U19 and womans team in the same year......ever, thats pretty good even if you are a jealous Y.J parent. Moral of the story is there are great players on almost every club, even if you overly obnoxious lax parents think that the color f your jersey is the only factor in deciding how good a payer is. I will say this. the second best frosh player is without question S.G. at N.D. both had fabulous years and it's a really close race between the 2. The best part about your responses is that you can't handle the fact that a great player didn't wear black or blue