Originally Posted by Anonymous
thanks....amazing though that these programs could continue to raise fees....our program went from 1500m to 2k and now 2500m..in 2 years?...I guess demand is very strong and we are all suckers to keep on opening check-book to pay for what is becoming a watered down product with inferior coaches...

These Directors are like druggies they have gotten the taste of crazy amounts of money and nobody wants to yield any ground so the keep raising the seasonal cost, clinic costs and tryout fees. Plus they all get a sizable kick back on team spirit wear plus the are all in cahoots on the tournament circuit - Some run tournaments and double dip and some club directors actually get kick backs to sign their clubs up in certain tournaments. Its really a very shady enterprise with tons of money being made.

Do the math on how much some of the big clubs make just doing tryouts!

Well our program is a brand new start up, who somehow has gotten bit by the greedy bug. The fees were raised $300 making it now $1795. they justify this huge price increase by adding 10 box lessons. I'm sorry but I never asked for Box Lessons, Not interested in box lesssons and should not be forced to line SL pockets under the disguise of Box Lacrosse. It's unfathomable that a new 2 year program thinks that this is ok. Can't even beat YJ, MD, or the other good teams to warrant that price increase. not to mention the coaching on the other team is terrible. not drinking the kool aid SL is serving.

Its crazy! We played at Elevate this summer and the fees are absolutely insane but it all starts AFTER you join. With the gear, the camps, the clinics, the bus tours, etc. At the end of the day I feel my daughter only improved a little. I think that was a function of the lack of real coaching. DK and his daughter run most of the clinics/camps and the actual teams are coached mostly by parents (PAL level stuff). I think if I took all the money I spent on Elevate and hired a real trainer instead od spending all of this money on a club like this my daughter would have grown significantly more as a player.

fl$ was a complete ripoff IMO. It wasn't hidden fees so to speak, they just don't deliver a product even close to good enough to warrant the money being spent nor a product that lives up to what they are telling you before it gets rolling (i.e., during the sales pitch portion).