Originally Posted by strongARM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=anonomous]and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

Sounds like you are with the wrong club. My daughter's team is one of the most successful there is and they share the ball and parents cheer for all the girls. If any parent dared yell at their daughter to go to the goal there would be [lacrosse] to pay.

Keep telling yourself that. If you were forced to watch a hidden camera video of your sideline you would probably be mortified. Its apparent to everyone except travel parents.

Actually, all or our games are recorded and you can hear the sidelines. Sorry that you have these issues. All i can say is that all sidelines aren't like that. Our coach wouldn't stand for it and would cut a girl if the parents acted that way. Maybe you need a new coach.

Of the scads of games I've attended on the sidelines, this is true 5 percent at best--- rest of the time it is wall to wall bigmouths.

The only time I see this is when it's a blowout.